Mark D. Walters
Select presentations made to attorneys and business groups:
- Intellectual Property, (Guest business law lecturer, Northwest University, November 2014).
- The NewLaw Model - Traditional Law vs. NewLaw, (Microsoft Store, September 2014).
- Common LLC Formation and Operations Mistakes that Cause Problems for Businesses, (Conference call with Washington State University Business Advisors, July 2014).
- Intellectual Property, (Guest business law lecturer, Northwest University, December 2013).
- Social Media - Employment Law Legal Risks, (Rainer Chapter Payroll Professionals, September 2013).
- Introduction to the False Claims Act, (Seattle Select Attorneys Continuing Legal Education Course, January 2013).
- Where to Go When the Bank Says NO - Options from Alternative Lenders to Raising Money From Strangers, (Puget Sound Business Journal Expo, October 2012).
- Attorney Fees, Billings and Alternative Billing Approaches, (Washington State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Course, May 2011).
- Hiring Frankenstein, Wolfman, and Other Management Horror Stories, Hot100 Business Association, October 2013).
- Hiring and Working with Lawyers the Smart Way and Not Their Way, (BizEnrich, October 2011).
- Create, Protect and Promote Your BRAND, (Business and Professional Women - Bellevue Chapter, February 2010).
- FRCP 26(b)(2)(B) - INACCESSIBLE DATA – Current Case Law & Best Strategies & Practical Suggestions to e-Discovery, (Washington Defense Trial Lawyers CLE, December 2009).
- Fee Reducing Secrets Your Law Firm Won't Share - An insider's glimpse at how law firms bill and how to keep more of the money you earn, (B2B Biz School; Summer 2009).
- ESI Discovery: Best Practices & Practical Tips, (Seattle, June 2009).
- ESI Best Practices and Practical Suggestions, Practical e-Discovery Tools; Current Law re Inaccessible Data, (Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA); Puget Sound Chapter Meeting (March 17, 2009).
- e-Discovery: New Federal Rules & Practical Tips, (Seattle, Washington, October 2008).
- Document Retention And Destruction In The Age of Electronic Document, (Lorman Business Center, January 2005).
- Ethics and Electronic Discovery, (Seattle and Yakima, Washington, March 2003).
- Intangible Business Assets: Identify, Protect & Exploit for Growth and Cash, BMC Conference, Palm Spring, California (February 2002).
- The Law of the Internet in Washington, (National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Course, Seattle, Washington (September 2001).
- Intellectual Property for the Non-Specialist, (Riddell Williams, March 2002).
- Doing Business in Cyberspace: What You Don't Know Might Hurt You, Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP Fifteenth Annual Construction and Public Contracts Law Seminar, Seattle, Washington (March 1998).